Monday, May 9, 2011

Lipstick, Love notes and my little Fashonista's

An Avon lady stopped in my office last week and gave me a bunch of little lipstick samples (I don't wear it) and I thought it would be fun for the girls to use. It was, they loved it!


Today I let them pick out what they wanted to wear ( I think I will be doing this more often) and they LOVED the idea.  Malia's pick biker shorts are a size 3,  you can see how thin she is in these things.  For some reason they are both really into wearing boots.  Malia wants to wear these boots all the time. 
And last but not least. Malia got this little note out of her book bag tonight and asked me to read it. It was a tiny little piece of red paper about 1"X 3" that said " I like Malia". Malia immediately fell on the floor giggling and snorting like crazy. You can tell she was both embarrassed and excited at the same time. I asked her who wrote it and in between giggles she told me it was Julian. I don't know who Julian is but its quite obvious that she really likes him and possible has a crush on him. Do Kindergarteners have crushes?????
   I think her reaction was the cutest thing I've seen in a loooooong time. She didn't want me to keep the note, she insisted on having it back, but I was able to redirect her and she forgot about it after awhile. She will see this again when she is older. *Snicker Snicker*

5 comments:

  1. Your girls are beautiful Julie. I love looking at your pictures, you are so creative and talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! Oh, yes they do. Ella had a crush on a little boy this year. Malia's reaction sounds adorable!!

    These are great pictures, Julie...thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love looking at these kids!! They are so adorable, and you can tell by looking at them that they love being together!!! I just wish I were in a better position and that I could do this with children like them. While I am envious, I deeply admire and respect those of you wonderful parents who open your hearts and homes to children who need love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute pictures of your little girlies! Love them all dolled up with make-up. You are a braver mom than I!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness...I love all of the pics!! The lipstick one is priceless...and so it the note!

    Would love to hear how Malani is adjusting...she looks so happy!!!

    Love and blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete